Visiting Washington - What to See and Do
(Washington Dulles International Airport IAD, District of Columbia - DC, USA)
Set amid the gorgeous rolling hills and fields between Virginia and Maryland, the capital city of the United States is also one of the country's most beautiful.
Filled with gleaming white marble monuments, wide-open parks and stately historic homes, Washington has an endless list of things to see and do.
Visitors to Washington will find a city rich with history, combined with all the amenities and attractions of a bustling modern city.
Ten things you must do in Washington
- Tour the White House and get an up-close look at the home and office of the President of the United States.
- Pay your respects to one of American history's most important figures at the Lincoln Memorial.
- Find out how the most wanted criminals in America are tracked down on a guided tour of the FBI building.
- Marvel at the Washington Monument, the largest freestanding masonry structure in the world and one of the most recognizable landmarks in America.
- Peruse every book published in America at the Library of Congress, the largest library in the world.
- See the original United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence at the National Archives Museum.
- Stroll the halls of power on a tour of the US Capitol Building and Senate Chambers.
- Expand your horizons at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, home to a stunning array of exhibits.
- Touch the lunar rock, one of many fascinating exhibits at the National Air and Science Museum.
- Explore the city on foot and enjoy the wide, tree-lined streets and historic sites located around almost every corner.